Service Desk Technician
The Information Technology department is seeking a Service Desk Technician to join our team.
This role will provide first level troubleshooting support for both end user and production systems for a variety of computing support issues while ensuring the highest-level customer service to our employees.
This role will provide day to day Tier I support for application, hardware and networking inquiries coming from staff.
Services supported include hardware (desktops/laptops, mobile devices, printers, file shares), video-conferencing, WAN and VPN networks and phones, business applications (SaaS and hosted), Active Directory administration, and collaboration tools such as Zoom, Microsoft 365, and email. Support channels include self-service portal, email, instant messaging and phone support.
Additionally, this role is tasked with ensuring that new employees have everything they need for a successful onboarding experience.
- Acts as first point of contact for all IT issues, quickly responding to requests for IT service within SLA guidelines.
- Serves as primary support for end user access management requests including new employee technology onboarding, account setups, access changes and terminations.
- Follows established Audit procedures to ensure all employees receive proper access as authorized by their job function.
- Accurately triages and categorizes incidents and requests coming into the Service Desk, ensuring all tickets are properly documented in accordance with IT quality guidelines.
- Uses remote support tools to further diagnose and troubleshoot issues at remote locations.
- Appropriately routes issues not resolved on initial contact to the correct person(s) or team(s) for resolution, ensuring all troubleshooting and triage steps are documented in the ticketing tool before reassignment.
- Educates end users on self-service support tools and best practices.
- Assists in documentation of Service Desk troubleshooting procedures that can be shared with the team’s knowledgebase.
- Assists in identification of trends in incidents, recommending recurring issues for problem management processes.
- To ensure continuity of essential services, this role may be required to work variable shifts and/or overtime depending on business demands.
- Replacing/repairing workstation/server/laptop components.
- Strong customer service focus, organizational skills and ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Active Directory and basic AD administration (user and group management).
- Fundamental Windows 10 troubleshooting and mobile device support in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 support (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Hands on experience working with an ITSM/ticketing system.
- Comfortable working on numerous tasks independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills and technical aptitude to learn and support new technologies as they are introduced to the field.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills; ability to translate technical concepts into business language.
- Ability to take initiative, assume responsibility and follow up as needed.
- Ability to maintain composure and re-prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management & staff and develop relationships with the business is required.
- Experience with any of the following preferred (Linux, RHEL, SEIM, Splunk, File Integrity Monitoring (FIM), Snort, IDS/IPS, Cisco Nexus Cisco UCS, Cisco Firepower, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Load Balancers, AWS, PCIDSS)
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of related technical training and/or service/help desk experience; or an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline required.
- Related technical certifications (CCNA, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to bend, squat, and lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
- During COVID-19 this position is a remote position; however, when things return to normal this position will be an on-site position in our office in Medford, MA.
- Occasional travel (less than 10%) to our datacenter located in Medford, MA required, even during COVID-19.
- This role participates in multiple on-call schedules.
- Individual will need to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check.
How to apply:
If you’re looking to take responsibility, make a difference, stretch your skills and learn new things, please send a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ROI Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and identities to join us in supporting our client partners in their world changing work. It is a requirement that all ROI Solutions employees demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.