Service Desk Technician
The Information Technology department is seeking a Service Desk Technician to join our team.
This role will provide first level troubleshooting support for both end user and production systems for a variety of computing support issues while ensuring the highest-level customer service to our employees.
This role will provide day to day Tier I support for application, hardware and networking inquiries coming from staff.
Services supported include hardware (desktops/laptops, mobile devices, printers, file shares), video-conferencing, WAN and VPN networks and phones, business applications (SaaS and hosted), Active Directory administration, and collaboration tools such as Zoom, Microsoft 365, and email. Support channels include self-service portal, email, instant messaging and phone support.
Additionally, this role is tasked with ensuring that new employees have everything they need for a successful onboarding experience.
- Acts as first point of contact for all IT issues, quickly responding to requests for IT service within SLA guidelines.
- Serves as primary support for end user access management requests including new employee technology onboarding, account setups, access changes and terminations.
- Follows established Audit procedures to ensure all employees receive proper access as authorized by their job function.
- Accurately triages and categorizes incidents and requests coming into the Service Desk, ensuring all tickets are properly documented in accordance with IT quality guidelines.
- Uses remote support tools to further diagnose and troubleshoot issues at remote locations.
- Appropriately routes issues not resolved on initial contact to the correct person(s) or team(s) for resolution, ensuring all troubleshooting and triage steps are documented in the ticketing tool before reassignment.
- Educates end users on self-service support tools and best practices.
- Assists in documentation of Service Desk troubleshooting procedures that can be shared with the team’s knowledgebase.
- Assists in identification of trends in incidents, recommending recurring issues for problem management processes.
- To ensure continuity of essential services, this role may be required to work variable shifts and/or overtime depending on business demands.
- Replacing/repairing workstation/server/laptop components.
- Strong customer service focus, organizational skills and ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Active Directory and basic AD administration (user and group management).
- Fundamental Windows 10 troubleshooting and mobile device support in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 support (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Hands on experience working with an ITSM/ticketing system.
- Comfortable working on numerous tasks independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills and technical aptitude to learn and support new technologies as they are introduced to the field.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills; ability to translate technical concepts into business language.
- Ability to take initiative, assume responsibility and follow up as needed.
- Ability to maintain composure and re-prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management & staff and develop relationships with the business is required.
- Experience with any of the following preferred (Linux, RHEL, SEIM, Splunk, File Integrity Monitoring (FIM), Snort, IDS/IPS, Cisco Nexus Cisco UCS, Cisco Firepower, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Load Balancers, AWS, PCIDSS)
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of related technical training and/or service/help desk experience; or an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline required.
- Related technical certifications (CCNA, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to bend, squat, and lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
- During COVID-19 this position is a remote position; however, when things return to normal this position will be an on-site position in our office in Medford, MA.
- Occasional travel (less than 10%) to our datacenter located in Medford, MA required, even during COVID-19.
- This role provides participates in multiple on-call schedules.
- Individual will need to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check.
How to apply:
If you’re looking to take responsibility, make a difference, stretch your skills and learn new things, please send a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ROI Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.