Data Analysis Summer Internship
About ROI Solutions
Do you like technology and enjoy solving problems? Do you like to work with fun, smart, nerdy, and genuinely good people? Do you want to help make the world a better place by working with some of the most progressive nonprofits in the world… those who are protecting the environment, saving wildlife, curing disease, and standing up for human rights? If so, ROI Solutions is the place for you. At ROI Solutions, we have created a diverse, accepting, creative, fun, and fast-paced environment where our staff has the opportunity to grow, learn, and share. And most importantly, have fun while doing it.
ROI Solutions recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers, and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. You will be exposed to leading technologies that are utilized by clients to help empower their great missions.
Who We Are:
ROI Solutions, Incorporated was founded in 1999 to help nonprofit organizations achieve their missions. We have spent a great deal of time and energy building our company, hiring great talent, constantly improving our technology, and developing our CRM product Revolution Online. We have evolved, and that evolution continues every day, but our core values remain unchanged since our inception: to provide solutions and services to nonprofit clients that will help them succeed in their missions and to do so with passion and purpose. Our services are unmatched and include client support, onboarding, and data and analytics.
ROI Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and identities to join us in supporting our client partners in their world changing work. It is a requirement that all ROI Solutions employees demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
About The Internship
The Data and Analytics team consists of data analysts and Machine Learning modelers who build custom Machine Learning models for our clients. We work closely with our clients to understand their business problems, then develop ML models to support their needs. As an intern, you will assist the team with data validation and data analysis. You will dive deep into the data and help to validate the models and analyze results. The ideal candidate loves data; loves crunching data, loves analyzing data and loves presenting data and is proficient with Excel, formulas, pivot tables and other advanced features.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or similar level skills through alternative route, or have other relevant education/experience.
- Ability to commute to our Medford, MA office preferred; part or fully remote available.
- Self-learner with the passion and follow-through
- Results-driven mindset and passion for working with data
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and ability to complete tasks on-time and as committed
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment
- Good analytic and organizational skills
- High level of accountability and integrity
- High proficiency with Excel (formulas, pivot tables, and other advanced features) and strong PowerPoint skills
What You will Learn:
Exposure to Machine Learning modeling, data analysis, business analysis and data presentation, and an opportunity to learn the multi-faceted work of ROI Solutions. Gain an in-depth understanding of how a CRM and Analytics company works and non-profit fundraising. Training topics will include:
- Machine Learning modeling fundamentals and concepts
- Revolution Online CRM
- Nonprofit fundraising terminology and concepts
- Modeling development, testing and deployment processes
- Data interpretation and visualization
- Database concepts
- Basic SQL programming techniques
- Cyber Security awareness
- Departmental overviews
How To Apply
If you’re looking to take responsibility, make a difference, stretch your skills and learn new things, please send a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Applicants are required, where permitted by applicable law, to be fully vaccinated by date of hire to be considered for employment at ROI Solutions. By sending us your Resume and Cover Letter you are acknowledging your understanding and acceptance of this condition of employment.