Database Administrator II (AWS)
About the Position:
ROI Solutions is looking for people with above average attention to details, concern for accuracy and timeliness, with an ability to efficiently manage highly specialized work with confidence and competence, to join us on our AWS Cloud journey.
We seek a motivated Oracle/Postgres database administrator with strong and proven experience implementing non-Oracle databases in AWS, to join our team of over-achievers as we take our offering to the next level. We strive for excellence and fully embrace coding best practice recommendations. If you are looking to do the same thing every day, we don’t. But if you are looking to take responsibility, to make a difference, and stretch your skills and learn new things while building the best software product the non-profit industry has seen, you should talk to us.
- Oracle DBA experience
- Expertise with AWS using RDS and/or Aurora PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, DAX, Neptune, ElastiCache, RedShift, Glue, etc.
- Expertise migrating on-premises Oracle databases (with complex PL/SQL) to appropriate open-source AWS offerings.
- Understanding of relational and non-relational database concepts.
- Experience with PL/SQL, PL/pgSQL, Python, DevOps, etc.
- Assist with the establishment of a strong data foundation.
- CRM experience preferred.
- AWS Database Specialty certification preferred.
- Ability to match business function to correct AWS offerings.
- Ability to create and support production and development databases in AWS.
- Ability to tune SQL statements.
- Ability to create and modify database structures.
- Works collaboratively with development and system administration teams.
- Experience with Cloud Watch and AWS console for databases.
- Ability to setup and modify database alerts using SNS, Lambda.
- Ability to respond appropriately to database alerts.
- Adheres to database best practice recommendations.
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Detailed and results oriented.
- Highly collaborative and a creative thinker
- Ability to successfully interface with development and system administration teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to engage with and influence others; build consensus for proposed solutions.
- Keeps informed of AWS database improvements and new offerings.
- Willingness to embrace new technologies.
How to apply:
If you are looking to take responsibility, make a difference, stretch your skills and learn new things, please send a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROI Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. We value the strength that diversity brings to our team. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and identities to join us in supporting our client partners in their world changing work. It is a requirement that all ROI Solutions employees demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
As a member of the Professional Face-to-Face Fundraising Association (PFFA), our organization adheres to the PFFA Code of Conduct and all requirements stated therein. We commit to the ethical, effective, and sustainable practice of face-to-face fundraising, as well as equitable, diverse and inclusive hiring, training and workplace support practices for our staff, contractors and agency relationships. Further, we confirm that all positions, regardless of status, are paid positions and are not offered on a volunteer basis.