Human Resources Manager (People, Culture, DEI)
About the Position
Join our growing company as we expand our HR department and take it to the next level. This is an opportunity for you to enhance our inclusive culture, build our diverse team, and encourage the professional growth of our talented staff. Working in a collaborative environment, you will help create an engaging employee experience and support our team to excel in their delivery of outstanding service to our client partners. The position will work with other managers to design initiatives and meet business needs.
The HR Manager reports directly to the VP of Finance, HR & Administration. Through our PEO service provider, a dedicated HR Business Partner is also available as a resource to the HR Manager.
- Experience in a previous role as HR generalist or specialist (5+ years preferred).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven success advancing an organizational culture which is diverse, equitable and inclusive.
- Experience developing and implementing methods to promote employee recognition, engagement, and professional development.
- Experience with all phases of recruiting and hiring.
- Ability to plan agendas, lead meetings, and convey expertise.
- Technical savvy and experience with HR software systems is a plus (HCM, HRIS or HRMS).
- BS/BA in a relevant field is preferred.
- Additional HR training in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is preferred.
- Experience with Predictive Index (PI) talent optimization platform is a plus.
- Create and implement programs, trainings and other initiatives that promote employee engagement and recognition.
- Manage employee relations.
- Oversee the performance management program by supporting and coaching managers on best practices and techniques related to delivering feedback, conducting performance reviews, progressive discipline, and staff professional development.
- Champion our company-wide initiative to strengthen a diverse, equitable and inclusive organizational culture through internal communications, company meetings and other activities such as employee surveys, discussion groups and educational opportunities. (May be in coordination with independent, professional consultancy services around DEI.)
- Oversee recruitment and hiring, utilizing internal resources. Includes expanding our outreach to candidates across diverse audiences and ensuring that interviewing techniques are structured to avoid bias.
- Contribute to continual improvement of staff onboarding / training materials and procedures.
- Ensure smooth and efficient administrative operations by overseeing adherence to policies/practices. Monitor policies/practices to enhance usefulness and maintain legal compliance.
- Monitor value of benefits and surface ideas for improvements where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
How to apply:
We are temporarily remote due to the pandemic, however this position is available to local candidates in the greater Boston area only. If you are looking to take responsibility, make a difference, stretch your skills and learn new things, please send a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROI Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. We value the strength that diversity brings to our team. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and identities to join us in supporting our client partners in their world changing work. It is a requirement that all ROI Solutions employees demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.