Oracle DBA II
Do you like technology and enjoy solving problems? Do you like to work with fun, smart, nerdy, and genuinely good people? Do you want to help make the world a better place by working with some of the most progressive nonprofits in the world… those who are protecting the environment, saving wildlife, curing disease, and standing up for human rights? If so, ROI Solutions is the place for you. At ROI Solutions, we have created a diverse, accepting, creative, fun, and fast-paced environment where our staff has the opportunity to grow, learn, and share. And most importantly, have fun while doing it.
Who We Are:
ROI Solutions, Incorporated was founded in 1999 to help nonprofit organizations achieve their missions. We have spent a great deal of time and energy building our company, hiring great talent, constantly improving our technology, and developing our CRM product Revolution Online. We have evolved, and that evolution continues every day, but our core values remain unchanged since our inception: to provide solutions and services to nonprofit clients that will help them succeed in their missions and to do so with passion and purpose. Our services are unmatched and include client support, onboarding, and data and analytics.
ROI Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and identities to join us in supporting our client partners in their world changing work. It is a requirement that all ROI Solutions employees demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
The Oracle DBA II is responsible for supporting and protecting relational databases and related tools belonging to ROI Solutions, Inc. (ROI). The Oracle DBA II assists with end user support (both internal and external) for the Oracle databases and related tools. The Oracle DBA II works collaboratively with the System Administration team to ensure that the Oracle databases are secure and available.
The Oracle DBA II is detailed-oriented, assists with difficult or complex problems, proactively monitors, and safeguards the health of the Oracle databases, mentors and grows junior DBA team members.
The Oracle DBA II is proficient on all aspects of the Oracle database and related tools and understands the relationship between the Oracle databases (and related tools) and the Revolution Online application. The Oracle DBA II delivers high quality DBA services along with clear and consistent communication on the status of all DBA requests, jobs, and deliverables. The DBA II leads several critical database functions for the database team.
- Owning, maintaining, and supporting all critical relational databases
- Performing database design, capacity planning and change control management tasks
- Executing database baselining, benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning
- Planning and executing disaster recovery testing
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and conducting root cause analysis for database and application specific incidents
- Working with product management colleagues to create and execute project plans in line with customer expectations and company strategic goals
- Tuning new and existing databases along with associated functions
- Ensuring coding standards are utilized and maintained ensuring overall best practices in the databases.
- Mentoring junior DBA team members.
- Supporting the migration of external data sources into ROI’s databases.
- Enforcing PCI compliance standards in databases (e.g. – password changes).
- Monitoring Splunk performance and reviewing content to ensure auditing data is being collected.
- Creating, maintaining, and responding to Cloud Control alerts for the Oracle databases
- Acting as the primary point of contact between the database team and other internal teams
- Sharing the 24/7 on-call pager support.
- 8+ years experience as an Oracle Database Administrator
- Hands on experience with Oracle 19C+, ideally in a Linux environment
- Hands on experience with Oracle Cloud control v13+
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment while managing competing priorities
- Exceptional planning and time management skills with proven attention to detail
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to a wide audience with a bias towards collaboration.
- Experience deciding when to escalate issues and seek support from management and/or other teams.
- Experience leading troubleshooting efforts on complex systems
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with data warehouses, or other reporting and analytic solutions
- Experience with hybrid environments that contain both on-prem and cloud architecture components
- Experience with Java based application deployments
- Experience with Powershell
How To Apply
If you’re looking to take responsibility, make a difference, stretch your skills and learn new things, please send a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Applicants are required, where permitted by applicable law, to be fully vaccinated by date of hire to be considered for employment at ROI Solutions. By sending us your Resume and Cover Letter you are acknowledging your understanding and acceptance of this condition of employment.